UPDATE: Australia Screen throws in a guess, one we agree with.
Cannes is put out there too. If we name all the festivals, we’ll have our bases covered. Talk about eagerly awaited.
We can all blame Guy Pearce for setting our expectations for a 2013 release date for The Rover.
Click HERE to watch his video with Robert Pattinson where he says they look forward to bringing us The Rover later this year. THIS year. 2013.
There’s no official word yet about the world premiere but the 2013 buzz continues. Lava Bear Films (The Rover producer, David Linde’s company) has 2013 on the website of their parent company. At The Festival‘s profile on David Michôd has 2013 as well. Another blog, Filmin, suggests it’s highly possible for The Rover to show at the 2013 Venice Film Festival.
The film wrapped mid- March and is in post-production. There haven’t been any updates on the status but the deadline dates for two prestigious festivals are around the corner:
- Deadline for late submissions to TIFF is May 31st and the festival begins September 5th
- Deadline to submit the pre-entry form for Venice Film Festival is June 21st and the festival begins August 28th
We’ll continue to watch out for more developments and fingers crossed for 2013. It seems early but the film is in high demand and the excitement to see The Rover continues to grow.
Latest posts by tinkrbe1l3 (see all)
- TWEETS: @A24Films says BIG month for ‘The Rover’ in January and Cannes buzz builds - December 5, 2013
- TWEET: The Rover distributor, A24 Films, teases the film trailer debut timeframe - November 12, 2013
- David Michôd and Robert Pattinson presenting at annual Australians In Film Awards Benefit and Dinner - October 15, 2013